Alexander Osipov was born in the Tver region.
• 1903 became an apprentice at an iconstudio.
Graduated from the Fine Art Promotion Society School at the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, where he studied under the famous painters Nikolai Roerich and Arkady Rylov.
• 1915-1917 Studied at the St. Petersburg Imperial Academy of Arts.
• 1926 First participated in Art Shows of ISTR ("Art for the Workers" Society).
• 1939 Joined the Artists Union of the U.S.S.R. Took part in Russian, Regional, Moscow and АН-Union exhibitions.
• 1973-1974 Held a series of solo exhibitions in Moscow.
For over 30 years Osipov taught art at Moscow special art and public schools. Artworks are represented in the collections of the State Historical Museum, Moscow State University, the Academy of Sciences, as well as in private collections in Russia and abroad. "Osipov points his canvases with energy and creative force. They are modest and integral, as is their author. VYbaf an amazing sincerity in adoring life and Nature! His positively charged lyrical landscapes show that he is genuinely overwhelmed with art".
Elizaveta Mozhukhovskaya, Art Critic